We are by NO MEANS doctors or claim to be!

We are by NO MEANS doctors or claim to be!
We are by NO MEANS doctors or claim to be! WE just want to share our EVERYDAY experiences using doTERRA essential oils.

Friday, July 29, 2011

HEADACHES/MIGRAINES...

I am not a big headache person.  I don't get them all that often, but it seems like when I do, they are some doozies :)

I know lots of people who get headaches/migraines all the time.  After the last one I had last week, I really do feel for them.  Mine was so severe that I was vomiting and sobbing from the pain.  To say the least I was MISERABLE.  I honestly appreciate my non-headache status after that one.


Let me tell you my story:
I woke up on Tuesday morning feeling a little off, my eyes hurt and was a little dizzy.  I really didn't think to much about it, as I made the kids breakfast.  Little while later, the hubs called and said he needed a few things from town.  I thought I'll run and grab them really fast in town and come home, no biggie.  So I made a mad dash and got the kids dressed and ready to go in about 10 minutes---then headed to Thriftees to get what the  hubs needed.

While I was driving I started feeling really dizzy, thankfully we were just a minute or so from the store.  As I got the kids out of the truck, I told Britt we HAVE to hurry and you HAVE to help Mommy!   So we did!  I felt like it took us forever, but in all reality we were in and out in 5 minutes- a record I'm sure.  I could barely keep my eyes open and was really worried about driving home.  So I said a little prayer to help us make it home safe and amazingly I drove really SLOW and we made it!

When we got home I sent Britt to get my mom and she came up and helped me get the kids inside and told me to lay down. I headed for my bed, but the urge to throw-up overcame me and I spent the next 10 minutes in the bathroom.  My head was KILLING ME!  It honestly felt like I was being stabbed, really hard and really fast.  I was sobbing. I had NEVER, EVER had a headache like this before.  I finally made it to my bed and my mom is worried!  She thought that maybe I needed to call my husband to come and take me to the ER while she kept my kiddos!  I really didn't want to go there and sit, since I was so miserable, but I was considering it!

I told her I would try to lay down and maybe it would subside.  While I laid down she called my younger sister Jaci, and said what do we do and what oils do I use.  Jaci being the awesome sis that she is gave my mom a list of oils and how to apply them.

1-2 drops of each of these on each location:
Frankincense- top of head and base of neck
PastTense- base of neck and forehead
Wintergreen- base of neck
Serenity- base of neck
Peppermint - base of neck and forehead

My mom applied them on me and left me on my bed in tears to rest.  Within about 2-3 minutes I was OUT cold.  I slept for 2 1/2 hours (during that time my mom said she would come and check on me to just make sure I was still alive) and woke up feeling amazingly better!  My mom was almost in shock, she honestly couldn't believe I felt better.  She seriously thought with the way I was that I would end up at the hospital to get some kind of pain killer or something to relieve the pain.

I honestly believe that if I didn't have my doTERRA Essential Oils to help me I would have ended up sitting in the ER for hours waiting for them to help me or not ( cause sometimes they send you home, saying there is nothing we can do!)

I hope that sharing this will help someone else out in the same situation.  Because, I can't imagine going through that again and I know there is people who do on a daily, weekly basis!

How often do you get headaches/migraines?



Katie

3 comments:

payneful life said...

I can picture mom being a worried and checking on you like every 10 mins. So glad that you got to feeling better. :)

Collin and Hannah said...

Oh my goodness! Thats intense! I'm so glad it worked and that you are feeling better.

Melissa said...

Katie, I struggle with headaches often. So far I have used a mixture of Frankincense, Lavendar, and Peppermint. It has worked really well. I am excited to try your combo!