We are by NO MEANS doctors or claim to be!

We are by NO MEANS doctors or claim to be!
We are by NO MEANS doctors or claim to be! WE just want to share our EVERYDAY experiences using doTERRA essential oils.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My AWESOME hubby planned a weekend getaway for the 2 of us a couple weekends ago.  We were both soo excited to have a fun no kids weekend, to say the least it was WAAAY over due....like 2 years :) 

Anyways, the day came that we were to leave and I was packing all of our junk (cause I ALWAYS pack for like 5 days when I am only going to be gone 2!!) and my stomach started feeling a little queasy.  I thought to myself.....oh great, this is JUST what I need.  So, I kinda ignored it and hoped it would go away.  Well.....it didn't. 

Hubs came home from work and looked at me and instantly knew I didn't feel good.  I told him it was nothing just my stomach a little upset, we were STILL going :)  So, I went to the bathroom one last time before we headed out!  By the time we got to the gas station about 5 minutes away, I was feeling really yucky!  GREAT....I'm thinking.  I seriously don't want to be sick.  I didn't say anything to my husband while he pumped the gas, I didn't want to ruin anything.

So, I reach behind the seat and grab my oils!  Why hadn't I done this earlier....dummy :)  I didn't have all of my oils with me I had left most at home with my mom for my kids, just in case.

I did have ONGUARD, PEPPERMINT and FRANKINCENSE.  So I start rubbing my belly with all 3 of them then I grab my bottle of water and drop 3 drops of peppermint and start drinking it.  Hubby gets back in the car and can smell the oils and looks at me like uh oh!!  I told him I'm fine, lets get the heck out of town!



So, I continue to rub the 3 oils on my belly and drink my peppermint water.  Maybe 20 minutes later, my queasiness was completely GONE and I felt soo much better.  My stomach never hurt not even a little bit after that!

It is so nice to have something to turn to in moments like this! Otherwise, I don't know how much fun our trip would have been. 

Happy Oiling,

Katie

1 comment:

Melissa said...

this is why I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my 8 vial key chain from doTerra! Super inexpensive and a life saver! (plus then you don't have to worry about taking your big bottles with you every where you go!)
Our latest experience is with wood cutting. It's full blown wood season here and we have been cutting in the burn area. Lots and Lots of Ash. And I have kids with asthma. So we all put on Breathe. It is amazing! I am so glad to have my key chain with my most used oils right at my fingertips!!!